Happy Day After the Super Bowl. Did you indulge a little too much last night? Here are a few tips for how to bounce back today:
1. Get rid of leftovers. If you hosted a Super Bowl party...and didn't send the leftovers home with guests, take them to work! That way one day of fun doesn't turn into two or three more days of gorging.
2. Don't skip breakfast. Go for something hearty and healthy on Monday morning, like eggs, which have vitamin D and are a good source of protein...a carbohydrate like whole grain bread....and a healthy fat like avocado. A veggie omelet works too.
3. Coffee or juice? First, drink water. Lots of it. Hydration is important here. And avoid citrus juices like orange juice, because the acid could irritate your stomach. Coffee without too much cream and sugar is okay, but it CAN cause heartburn.
4. Have a light lunch. Something like a vegetable soup for lunch will help your digestive system recover from all that Buffalo sauce. And the fluid and sodium can help fight fatigue caused by dehydration.
5. Try to get some fruits and veggies in. Vegetables from the cruciferous family, like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage, can help you detox. And antioxidants found in strawberries may help repair damage from alcoholic drinks.
Read more --> USA Today
Photo Credit: Getty Images